HealthActions Physical Therapy was founded in 1981 by Beth Whitehead, PT, MPH and Debbie Powell, PT, OCS. Right from the very beginning, their goal was simple, to provide patient-centered physical therapy of the highest quality to our local community, and they have never wavered from that mission.
The HealthActions story is one deeply interwoven with friends, families, colleagues and communities all partnering together as they strive for better health and a better future. To us, it's about a vision. One where we see our patients living their lives to the fullest as they are no longer held captive by their pain or limitations. Have you ever heard someone say, "If you've got your health, then you've got everything?" It's an old saying, one that has been around for generations, and with good reason. Living a life of health means being free to fully and completely live as you see more and embrace more out of every single day.
Throughout these 3 decades, HealthActions owners have strived to develop themselves, other physical therapists, licensed assistants, exercise professionals and support staff to be "their best." Tremendous time, effort, and resources have been spent staying abreast of the latest research and best treatments to help our patients, families and friends have better health for better living.
Our Vision: To improve the health and well-being of individuals, families and communities by optimizing movement and improving quality of life.
- Listen to you and understand your needs.
- Thoroughly assess your movement problems.
- Provide hands-on care with the latest and most comprehensive techniques to help you reach your goals.
Our Core Values:
- Respect every patient, and through a personalized progressive treatment plan strive to reduce their pain, eliminate their functional limitations, and increase their overall appreciation for a healthy lifestyle.
- Be courteous, caring and exemplify the Golden Rule.
- Respect each other, recognizing that we play different but equally important roles on the team and that we share in the common goal of achieving the HealthActions Physical Therapy and Wellness Mission. We will exemplify the Golden Rule with each other.
- Respect the Company, be good Ambassadors, be good stewards of company resources, work safely and efficiently and contribute to continuous improvement.
- Be accountable for the products and services of our position.
- Get results consistently.
- Communicate openly and honestly.
- Work supportively, collaboratively and synergistically with others.
- Demonstrate teamwork and positive thinking.
- Provide extraordinary customer service exceeding the needs of our customer that is fast, flowing, friendly, focused, fun and futuristic, always striving to embody "Move Better, Live Better".
- Be examples of what we teach – exercise of body, spirit and mind, balanced lives, balanced diets, and positive attitudes.